I am getting pumped for this kids first birthday. And trust me, I am well aware it’s for me and the grandparents, as she could care less. I’ve been pinning ideas since she was 6 months, or less… and initially I was leaning toward a pink lemonade theme. However I think I am going to save that one for when she is a little older and can actually appreciate me setting up a lemonade stand for her.
What I am leaning towards now is just really summery shades of yellow and some pops of green as a color scheme and I am subtly going to include feathers and teepees throughout. Below is an inspiration board or two for what I am envisioning.
1. I remember loving making these fun Sand Art bottles. Though she is still too young, if there are enough kids at the party I think it would be a great little activity! You can find them all over, Oriental Trading seems to have some great affordable options.
2. I love the idea of a small white cake for her to smash. This topper is featured on Babble and the simplicity is perfect!
3. This cute and simple party was featured at youaremyfave and it’s so great! Not over the top, just right!
4. This Banner is so lovely. It’s sold by fireandcreme/kids, but I am going to make my own as opposed to buy the one they have listed. ($120? I’ll pass.) I plan on using yellow and white feathers and little yarn poms of bright green too. For less than $10!
5. This dessert table was featured on Sweet Designs, a blog by Amy Atlas. It was done in Australia and though I won’t have that many desserts, I like the concepts.